Many, many thanks to lovely Laura at fuonlyknew, who deemed me worthy of four awards. I am honoured and blushing, Laura, just so you know.
Here they are:
Rules of ‘One Lovely Blog Award’:
1) Include the award in your post.
2) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
3) Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know you’ve done so.
Rules of ‘Beautiful Blogger Award’:
1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
2) List 7 things about yourself.
3) Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know you’ve done so.
Rules of ‘The Don’t Do A Damn Thing Award… I Just Like Your Blog’:
– yeah, there are none! How cool is that?
Rules of the ‘Inspiring Blog Award’:
1) Thank the nominator and link back to them.
2) Tell 7 random things about yourself.
3) Nominate 15 blogs and tell them you’ve done so.
As you can see, there is a lot of overlap, so I’ll hocus-pocus (damn, you can tell I’ve been writing about witches and magic lately!) them all into one:
The seven things about me:
1) I hate dusting, and hence don’t have knick-knacks;
2) I have given all but my last hundred ‘paper’ books away, and some of those belong to other members of my family or are reference books I use in my editing. I own several hundred electronic books on my PC and kindle instead (much easier to dust – do you see a theme here?);
3) I have huge maps stuck on the walls in my writing corner – the world, Europe and the UK – and have several others occupying a huge chunk of my filing cabinet;
4) At some point in my life I wanted to be either a nun or a soldier. Fortunately, neither happened, which is just as well (says she with hindsight) as I hate following someone else’s rules;
5) I prefer soap to hand wash (I guess that makes me old-fashioned, but that’s ok with me);
6) I would gladly jump out of a plane, preferably attached to a functioning parachute, but I would not feel as comfortable diving, especially around sharks;
7) One of the things I wish I could do, but I’m hopeless at, is free-style drawing, the kind one does with a pencil.
And A LOT of blogs I honestly enjoy (I could probably come up with at least double that, if I really thought about it):
Laura’s is definitely a top ten candidate, but she nominated me, so I guess I’d better save her having to go through all this again.
Patti’s Paradox – for its amazing complexity
Michael’s for his dedication to producing good quality reviews, and for his zest for life
Anna at Between The Lines Reviews, for…well… her reviews
Emily, for her gorgeous blog
Carrie, for her tenacity and unwavering humour through her publishing experience
Victoria, a new friend who is awe-some! You’ve got to meet her.
Kristie, for her enthusiasm in pursuing her dreams – she’s lovely. Go check her countdown.
Ron, for never giving up
Daniel, because he always makes me smile… and sometimes gives me nightmares
Ahmad, also for never giving up
and so many more of my friends. I thank you for being there and brightening my day.