Today I’ve written the dreaded words at the end of another manuscript.
I should feel elated.
I should feel proud.
Instead, I feel… sad… I feel like crying.
Someone once told me that not everything I analyse will necessarily make sense, or have a meaning. Still, I can’t help it. I don’t understand why I feel this way, so I’ve tried to come up with what these words – THE END – mean to me.
THE END means…
- …just that – the last of something
- …I’m tired, because I’ve pushed myself too hard (again)
- …I’m rudderless, at least for a while
- …I’ve got to rediscover the outside world – scary!
- …no excuse for putting off promo work
- …uploading to various platforms
- …chewing my nails, waiting for readers’ opinions
- …pressure to come up with something better next time
What does it mean to you, fellow writers, when you write those words? And as a reader? How do you feel?
~~~ I shall have Blood is Power ready for beta readers on Monday, 1st. Leave me a comment below if you want to be one. ~~~