Not a day goes by without bringing with it another small revelation. I am in awe of the literary community. I’ve seen what happens in the business world, all the way from the most basic career to the topmost (you know the type – the one that makes the people involved in it believe they rule the world). Nowhere did I receive as much support, as much recognition for the effort I put in, or made as many real, true, unconditional friends.
For being there, my friends, thank you. You mean the world to me. I hope I have been able to return the favour in some small way. I know I tried.
Let me wish you the most fulfilling and prosperous New Year. I hope 2013 turns out to be your best year yet. It will be for me. I can feel it in my bones.
Here are your answers, Karen:
1. If you wrote a bucket list, what would be the #1 thing on it?
Build a Writers’ Retreat in a forest.
2. Favourite sport? To play? To watch?
I’ve got one answer for all three – tennis. Probably because I used to be good at it, and also because I work well alone. Tennis is a sport that requires a lot of trust in your own abilities – no team members to save you on court and no one else to blame for your mistakes.
3. If you were going on your first date, what would you do to impress him?
Ahhh. Long time since then, Karen. I’m so glad I don’t have to! Honestly, I would probably be a nervous wreck. But I’ll humour you. On the first date I would make sure I listened. It would make a lot more sense to learn as much as possible about your date, than trying to impress him. How would you even know you wanted him if you didn’t learn about him first? Oh, God, I sound so old-fashioned! Ugh!
4. Dancing or bowling?
Both are difficult for me, though I love them both. I guess I love dancing just a little bit more.
5. If you could blink your eyes and be anywhere right this minute, where would you be?
Wrapped up nice and warm on top of a mountain. If I could choose the mountaintop, it would be a place I want to get to at some point in my life, in the Fagaras massive in the Carpathians. And hopefully, I’d have the use of another blink so I can get back down again. 😉
6. Favourite holiday?
Scotland. Peaceful does it for me.
7. Are you an only child?
8. How long have you been blogging?
Since 13 March this year. This is post #198.
9. What is your favourite word or expression, that you use most often? Could you base a short story on it?
Darling, I could write a trilogy based on one letter! I’m not aware of repeating myself to that extent, but I’ll have a quick look through my blog posts, to make sure. Oh,no! I do! I say ‘I’m in awe’ a lot. Told you every day brings about a new revelation.
10. What colour are your eyes?
Green 90% of the time. Butterscotch for the remaining 10%.
11. And since I’m a horoscope junkie, what is your sign?
Libra. And proud of it!
And sweet Emily, who writes because she simply loves it, please keep going. You are incredible. You are focused, dedicated, passionate and a wonderful person. I feel lucky to know you.
And I love that video! Can you hear the music from your house? I mean, do those guys still have neighbours? Imagine what a majorly funny book that would make!
You are allowing your nominees to be a little different and make their own rules. I LOVE YOU for that. So, instead of questions, etc, I’m just going to share with you three of my plans for next year:
1. I am considering issuing a weekly newsletter – I’m just not sure whether it would prove to be yawn-inducing for my readers.
2. I am considering starting an interactive serial story on my blog, one which would include a poll so that interested readers could vote and get a say with regards to where the story is heading. Then write it as per my readers’ specifications.
3. I intend to co-write three books, and write two – maybe three – other novels.