Another awesome week and a few inspirational (or rather inspired) posts later, and I have received two more awards for my blog.
The one to the left, the Illuminating Blogger Award from the awesome Daniel Nest, who really is the funniest blogger I have ever had the pleasure to read. And if you don’t believe me, you can check by yourselves here – make sure you read the Living with a psycho series, or the Six self-defence gadgets invented by lunatics, or I, Spam Collector (all of them), or Ten Dolls to Haunt Your Children’s Dreams. Oh, heck, just read them all.
No special requirements for this one – phew! – thanks to Mr. Nest who doesn’t mind breaking the odd little rule.
And the other one, for which I do not have an actual picture (not that I need one – as you can see, my drawing skills are more than adequate), The Most Inspiring Blog Award, from Robert Perry, who is doing a great job himself. Check out Alexandretta’s story here.
Now, apparently, I need to come up with seven things about myself that you don’t yet know, and then nominate a few blogs I have found inspiring, myself.
So, here goes:
1. I like toast with butter and a squeeze of tomato paste on top (not ketchup).
2. I make awesome cakes. Ask anyone who had the pleasure to taste them. The kids at my local theatre, for example, who were treated to profiteroles, brownies and chocolate and raspberry gateau.
3. I also make awesome chocolate truffles, and at some point seriously considered opening a small cake and chocolates shop.
4. Time and I have a love-hate relationship. Not because I can’t prioritize, but because I get so engrossed in doing something, that I don’t notice the passage of time.
5. I hold three different driver’s licenses, issued by three different countries.
6. I hate make-up, handbags and high-heel shoes.
7. I never let people tell me what to think about something or someone. I’m perfectly capable of making my own decisions.
And just a few of the people who inspire me (not sure how many I should nominate, but I’ll stick with the magic number – seven):